Sunday, January 24, 2010

Media Diet

So while I'm generally not a big believer in diets, I gave in - partially because I was assigned to and partially because I thought it might be interesting.  However, just as side note, my internet at my house is very spastic and was not working this past week. I know that I spend much more time on facebook and checking my e-mail when my internet works, but here is what i did this week!

1/19 - Tuesday
9:30-10:45 - TCF 444 - internet, computer, blogs, vopods, youtube - it was pretty interesting, it made me think about everything we do that can and will be judged by strangers, pretty scary!
11 - e-mailed with my mom
12-12:15 - watched the Singing Bee
12:26 - listened to kid listening to loud scream metal on his ipod - pretty annoying! and bad for your ear drums!
12:30-1:45 - watched powerpoints in my TCF 215 class - i think this counts as media
2-2:05 - facebooked, watched a video, clicked a link to a political website, linked to cosmo (guy running for senate in Massachusetts naked spread like 20 years ago)
2:45-3/5-5:15 - listened to the radio, mostly music
7-9 - Barns and Nobel - email, facebook, homework
9-11 - tv

1/20 - Wednesday
8:30 - checked e-mail/facebook, chatted with my friend in Florence, Italy - love technology, can be so far away from each other but talk to people like they are right there!
11 - read the Crimson White
Then my internet went out! So basically, I didn't do much on the computer today but I watched TV

1/21- Thursday
8 - tried to check my email, but internet still wasn't working
9:30 - TCF 444 - youtube, elearning, google, self-portrait
5pm - filmed Rock the Runway, pretty awesome!

1/22 - Friday
Internet still not working...
5-midnight - Workplay in Birmingham, benefit concert for Haiti --> pretty awesome!

1/23 - Saturday
Internet still not working....
10:30 - saw Youth in Revolt, it was funny but definitely a Michael Cera movie...trying to be a teenage who wants to loose his virginity and is awkward.

1/24 - Sunday
12-2 - captured Rock the Runway tapes, facebook, read class blogs, listened to podcasts, updated my blog
5 - video skyped my friend in Florence again, got to celebrate her birthday with her and her roommates!!
6 - watched Grey's Anatomy on Hulu
6 - updated my blog!

So reflecting back on this week i've realized that i don't spend as much time on my computer as i thought, i get on a bunch of times a day to check my email or facebook but only for a few minutes.  I
sometimes will get on twitter or cosmo but i don't do a lot of blog reading, or youtube watching or anything else.  Gotta run, more later!

1 comment: