Monday, September 14, 2009

LIGHTS!

Sooooo I didn't have any pictures of light that I loved on my computer, so I took the idea of DeviantArt from Bryan's (Thanks, Bryan!) blog. Glad all those links on e-learning became super useful, and hey, isn't that what our classmates are for, giving us ideas? I think so.

So here is what I came up with. Enjoy! :)
I think this is a cool shot, and I think it would be so hard to caputure. The orange is perfect mixed with the blue and the reflection of it all is just to die for. This is a really pretty, very naturally lit look. It looks like a surfers dream!
Okay, so I love this picture, it makes me laugh and I think it's so cute. So what if its snails potentially doing the dirty, I think its sweet :) But to the lighting aspect, I think the bright bright greens mixed with the top lighting make it look almost like an innocent first kiss in spring. The overexposure at the top works well, cause it looks like we are down at their POV, with the sun shining on top and the shadows increasing down the frame. I think that orange thing is the background is a little distracting because it sort of matches with one of the snails.
I think this is a pretty cool picture. Again with the natural light causing reflections, but really this is about the sillouettes. They are basically only lit from behind by the setting sun, and you can see the darkness creeping in on the left, leaving a really beautiful shadowed/siloutted effect on the subjects.
I think this is a pretty cool shot. It's not my usual taste, but I wanted to throw it in here for good measure. I think the overexposure of the woman and whatever that is in the foreground is a really cool contrast to her eyes, mouth, fingernails, and clothes. It's like her hair blends into her head and all her natural features aren't really defined, she seems to only be represented by the details she has added to herself (clothes, makeup, fingernail polish, etc). I think its a pretty cool picture.
Now I absolutely love this picture. So much that I made it my desktop background. I think it is simple and hidden and gorgeous. Maybe its the hint of autum colors (the orange leaves, the brown wood, and the dark green tones), or the peak of light through the tops of the trees, but I just love this. The whole picture has a slight green tint to it, not too much, but just enough that we really feel as though we stumbled across this bridge in the middle of the woods.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment